Frequently Asked Questions
Hours of Operation:
- 9 AM until 9 PM, 7 days a week
Guns and Ammo:
Q: What calibers and ammunition may I shoot?
- You may shoot all rifle calibers up to but excluding .50 BMG.
- You may shoot ALL pistol calibers.
- There are no restrictions on the size of shotgun loads but they must be lead.
- You may shoot .177 or .22 lead pellets (no steel BBs)
- No Muzzle Loader firearms.
- All ammunition must be lead.
- No steel-core or steel-shot, No tracers, No armor-piercing, No Black Powder.
Q: May I use my 30 round (high capacity) Magazine?
Q: May I “double tap” or rapid fire or shoot full automatic?
- Yes – The RSO however has the discretion to restrict your fire if s/he thinks there are unsafe conditions or you are not staying on target or hitting our equipment.
- You may shoot full automatic under the supervision of an RSO as long as you are safe and maintain control.
Q: What is your policy towards suppressors?
- We support hearing protection in all its forms.
- In addition to selling suppressors, we have a few for rent at the firearms rental desk
Q: Do you have a gunsmith on site?
- We use contract gunsmith services to provide you with gunsmith services. For more information about what we offer, please inquire at the range desk. Our gunsmith is available for in-store consultations. Please call ahead to inquire about Gunsmith hours.
Q: What are the age restrictions?
- Minimum shooting age is 10 years.
- Shooters 10-17 years of age must be supervised by a Parent or Legal Guardian.
- Minors may shoot with and be supervised by a friend or non-guardian after the Parent or Legal Guardian completes the waiver which includes the NAME & Photo ID# of those individuals “authorized” to escort the minor.
- Minors under the age of 10 may enter the range, but must have “constant” adult supervision and must be able to properly wear eye and hearing protection.
Q: May my 19 year old bring her own pistol?
- Yes, 18 – 21 year olds may bring their own pistol(s) and ammunition. Federal Law prohibits the Club from renting or selling handguns or handgun ammunition to anyone under 21.
Q: What are the age limits for rentals?
- You must be 21 to rent handguns, full automatic or suppressors.
- You must be 18 to rent rifles or shotguns.
ALL lanes are restricted to 3 shooters
Q: What are the policies for Member Reservations?
- Members may schedule 14 days in advance by phone or online.
Members may schedule up to 4 lanes in any combination –
- 1 or 2 lanes for 2 hours
- 4 lanes for 1 hour
Q: May non-members make reservations?
- Yes, we encourage everyone to make reservations. Walk-ins are welcome, but availability will depend upon how busy the range is that day.
- Non-Members may schedule ONLY on the day they want to shoot.
- Non-Members may schedule 1 lane for 1 hour — up to 3 shooters.
- If a Non-Member has more than 3 shooters, please ask for 2 lanes, for 4-6 shooters, but the name of the 4th shooter must be entered in the 2nd lane.
- If there are 6+ Non-Member shooters, the reservation is considered a “special event” and must be scheduled by a manager.
- There are some exceptions for non-members who need to make advanced reservations. These are also considered “special events” and require management approval. If you have a birthday, bachelor/bachelorette party or a special family event, please call us at 612-888-0540
Q: If I walk-in how long is the wait for a lane?
- Walk-ins are welcome, the wait time will vary depending upon the day of the week.
- We highly recommend that everyone call in for a reservation. Members may make reservations online up to 14 days in advance. Non-Members must call for reservations on the day they want to shoot.
Safety & Range Policies:
Click here for: Range Safety Rules and Safety Video
Q: I have a concealed carry permit; may I carry inside the Club?
- Yes, we require that ALL concealed firearms be holstered inside the Club.
- We require that ALL other firearms be unloaded and cased until the shooter is “inside” the shooting booth.
- No one may handle his or her own firearms “uncased” or “un-holstered” behind the firing line.
Q: Is shooting guns a safe sport?
- Yes, it is safe, but your safety and that of others depends upon YOU.
- Safety is our primary concern.
- If you are a first time shooter, this is fantastic and you are more than welcome at Stock & Barrel Gun Club, but we want you to be safe. If you are a new shooter, just let us know.
- We strongly suggest taking a private lesson or a class designed for first time shooters. Please go to our ‘training’ webpage for detailed information:
- If you are new to shooting or concealed carry we recommend the Psychology of Carrying a Gun
Q: What Safety precautions are taken at Stock & Barrel Gun Club?
- The range is monitored at all times.
- Everyone is required to watch a Safety Video.
- All shooters are expected to follow the Range Safety Rules.
- Safety is extremely important. If the RSO sees any unsafe behavior, they will first warn and educate the shooter. If the unsafe behavior repeats or a new violation occurs, the shooter will be asked to leave the range for a safety conference with the Chief RSO. We will attempt to educate the shooter because we believe everyone can learn and become a safe shooter to enjoy the sport.
- Once again, since safety is paramount, there are some violations that are so egregious a person could be ejected from the range permanently.
Q: I have never shot a handgun before, can you help me?
- Yes, but we want you to be safe, have fun and learn the basics. We do not want you to come in and shoot without understanding what you are doing.
- We have a number of classes for new shooters on our website, in addition to Private Instruction.
Q: Is the Gun Club Family Friendly?
- Stock & Barrel Gun Club has been designed from the ground up to be family friendly and we strongly encourage bringing your family to our facility. In addition to catering to the needs of family, our training courses include female-only training tailored to our female clients.
Q: I have a felony on my record, may I shoot at your club?
- No, The Gun Club complies with State and Federal Laws, every shooter must attest to the following: I am legally allowed to possess a firearm in the United States. I am not currently the subject of a criminal or civil restraining order. I have never been convicted of a felony as an adult or juvenile. I am not a fugitive from justice. I am not an unlawful user of, or addicted to any controlled substance. I have never been adjudicated in a court of law, as incompetent to manage my own affairs. I have never been discharged from the United States armed forces under dishonorable conditions. I am a citizen of or legally in the United States.
Q: Do you rent eye and hearing protection?
- We rent eye & hearing protection from the range desk. We recommend that you provide your own eye & hearing protection.
- The Club sells eye and ear protection with our LOGO. Please check with a sales associate for current pricing, but you will not find a better value anywhere.
Q: Can I pick my brass?
- Yes. You are welcome to pick up your brass that falls behind the firing line.
- Please let the RSO know at the beginning of your sessions that you would like to collect your brass (This will let the RSO “not” to sweep your brass away).
- Please refer to the “Range Rules” for specific details on the safety of collecting your brass.
Q: Can I draw from a holster in the range?
- Yes, but you must be holster qualified. Simply let the RSO in the range know that you would like to become qualified. The date of your qualification will be entered into the computer, in the future you will be given a “green tag”, to indicate you are holster qualified.
- If the Range Safety Officer observers any unsafe behavior on your part, you might be required to re-qualify.
Q: How much does it cost to shoot?
- Members pay a $29.95 monthly fee for unlimited access to the range.
- Non-Members pay $20.00 per shooter for a 1-hour reservation. If no one is scheduled on your lane, you will be allowed to continue shooting beyond your hour. The RSO will let you know when the next guest has arrived and your time is up.
- We have a non-member shooting discount for active duty military & first responders. Please provide your ID when you check in.
- If you shoot more than once a month, you should speak with our membership staff to learn about the benefits of membership. We have significant membership discounts for “America’s Finest.”
Q: What is the cost to rent a gun?
- The rental fee is $15.00 per hour plus ammunition.
- You may shoot only 1 rental at a time, but you may switch out 2 times for different guns during that hour. That is 3 guns per rental session.
- We have handguns, shotguns and rifles for rent.
- We have FULL Automatic pistols and rifles for rent. You are more than welcome to bring your own automatic weapons or N.F.A. devices.
- We do have suppressors for rent.
- Shooters 21+ may rent any gun.
- Shooters 18-21 may rent any (non-N.F.A.) long gun that we have available.
- You must purchase ammunition from the Club for all rentals on the day you shoot.
- You may however bring in your own .22 cal. ammunition
Q: May I use my own ammo for rental guns?
- No, the manufactures require that the ammunition be factory new and purchased from the Club on the day of the rental. Even if you purchase the ammunition from us on a previous visit, we cannot allow you to use it for a rental.
Merchandise at the Club:
Q: What optics do you carry?
- Stock & Barrel has a 2,800 sq. ft. retail space and a large selection of handguns, rifles, shotguns, and optics. We also stock shooting accessories and apparel.
- The optic merchandise varies, please stop by the Club. One of our expert Customers Service Representatives will help you determine which optic is right for you. Please visit our Pro Shop page for more information on accessories.
Q: Can I get help deciding which handgun is right for me to carry concealed?
- Yes. You have a number of options.
- First, consult with one of our staff. They will help you determine which handgun fits your hand and whether or not it will meet your needs.
- If the pistol you wish to purchase is available for rent, the staff will take you into the range to try it, and then if you make a purchase, the rental fee will be deducted from your purchase price. You will only have to pay for the ammunition.
Q: Do you have .22 ammo in stock?
- Supplies of all ammunition vary on a daily basis.
- We welcome you to call about any item we might have in our inventory.
Q: Do members get discounts on firearms?
- Stock & Barrel Gun Club will host manufacturer’s representatives and special promotions to allow you to get the best deals on firearms and equipment.
- We often have Members Only promotional pricing on a range of items.
- Non-Members receive discounts during our sales events, but Members do receive larger discounts.
Q: What are Stock & Barrel Gun Club’s FFL Transfer fees?
- The fee is $7.50 per firearm for members.
- The fee is $20 per firearm for non-members.
- Please visit our Firearms Transfer page. You will find details on how to make the transfers. There are additional FAQ’s on that page.
Q: Is there a way I can volunteer time to get a membership?
- Sorry, not at this time.
Q: What kind of ventilation is in the range?
- The range has a state-of-the-art climate controlled ventilation system. The air is recycled every 90 seconds in the range. The air inside the range is much cleaner than the air outside the building.
Q: How long are the shooting lanes and how many lanes do you have?
- Shooting lanes are 75 feet.
- Stock & Barrel has 14 shooting lanes, 3 of which are reserved for Statesman Members.
- Our State-of-the-art target retrieval system allows the shooter to position the target at any distance from the firing line up to 75 feet. The 75-foot lanes are ideal for tactical shotgun and tactical rifle training and practice.
Q: Do you have leagues?
- Yes. We have a growing number of leagues and special shooting events. Please visit our webpage for the most updated information.
Q: What type of training is offered?
- The Training Center has a wide range of training for beginners to advanced shooters.
- Training includes Concealed Carry Permits, Handgun 101, Holster Qualification, Trigger Control and more. For more information, please refer to our Training Page.
Q: Do you have instructors for private training?
- Yes, private instructors are available for all training levels and disciplines.
Q: May I bring my kids and do you have a play area?
- All minors must be supervised at all times.